Sunday, December 18, 2011

Swimming

For the past few months, over this semester, I have been swimming in my own time. I usually go after school on Wednesdays and on Saturday and Sunday. I have been focusing on raising my stamina and improving my strokes. My weakest strokes are backstroke and butterfly so I have been practicing those. And to raise my stamina, I aim to swim at least 1500m of front crawl (as that is the stroke I am most comfortable with).

I feel much more confident with my backstroke but I am still struggling with my butterfly, so I will aim to improve this stroke over next semester. In terms of the distance I can continuously swim, I strongly feel that I've improved because before, I used to grow tired after the first 500m but now I'm finding it easier to complete 1500m, although it's still quite tiring. I will continue to swim this distance, because I don't want to suddenly increase the distance until I become more comfortable with this distance.

By swiming in my own time, I am increasing awareness of my strengths and areas for growth as I am identifying my weaknesses so I can fix them. I am also showing perseverance and commitment by planning and initiating activities because I am setting goals and working my way towards achieving them. Through practice, I am hopefully developing new skills in swimming.

This Chrsitmas break, I plan on going swimming everyday and following the usual routine to improve my swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment