Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bollywood Dancing

My mum started Bollywood Dancing about a year ago and she claimed it was important to be exposed to the culture of South East Asia, since we have the rare opportunity to live here, in a country with such a rich culture. She managed to convince me to take lessons over this winter break, and I'm happy to, since I've never done Bollywood Dancing before and I love dancing. I've practiced other genres of dance but never Bollywood, so it'd be nice to try out something new! My father's company is holding a Volunteers Leaving Ceremony so me and three others are practicing a Bollywood dance routine to perform at this event, three weeks from now. I'm really excited!

In taking Bollywood Dance classes, I am undertaking new challenges and developing new skills since Bollywood Dancing is something I've never done before, so hopefully I'll be able to pick up some new skills that aren't used in other genres. I am also working collaboratively with others in planning and initiating activities as we are working as a group of three, and in dance, teamwork is important because if we aren't all in sync, the whole performance can be ruined. By attending classes and practicing in my own time, I am also showing perseverance and commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment