Thursday, September 9, 2010

Model United Nations (MUN)

This is my third time taking part in the Model United Nations, but I still feel that I have trouble with public speaking, which is why I decided to participate at this school as well. My first conference was held in the UN building in Nairobi, Kenya, when I was a student of Kampala International School Uganda. The topic we discussed was Human Rights and I was the delegate of Australia. It was an amazing experience because I got to see what kind of things the United Nations did and I wrote and talked about a resolution, which I had never done before. My second conference was held at Marist International School in Japan, where I represented Cuba and we discussed the topic of Internet Censorship.

So far we have had two meetings, and we have begun discussing in groups different natural disasters that have occured recently, such as the Pakistan flood, the volcanic eruptions &c. My group is looking at the Si Chuan earthquake of May 2008 where over 70 000 people died. To gather information on this, I will search for articles on it, preferrably also to do with UN involvement, of any organization, like UNESCO, UNICEF, UNHCR and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment