Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting Startes on CAS

To get started on CAS, it is necessary to define exactly what CAS actually is. The CAS area of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme covers the creactive and active aspects of the academic life as well as Community and Service, hence it stands for Creativity, Action, Service. I will be working on my CAS activities as a student of the Overseas School of Colombo (OSC), which is located in Sri Lanka, currently in Grade 11.



CAS will give me a great opportunity to try out new things, develop new skills and increase awareness of the things around me, international problems, for example, or even learning to work collaboratively with my peers.



I plan on using this blog to keep track of some of the CAS activities I will be doing, which involves setting goals beforehand and reflecting on them whilst working on them. These are some of the activities I plan on taking on during this academic year (2010-2011)




  • (Action) The school swimming practice, which has begun on the 13th of August 2010, meeting every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
  • (Service)The school library service, which started on the 2nd of September 2010, meeting every Thursday afternoon
  • (Creativity) Piano outside school.
  • (Creativity)Guitar outside school.
  • (Creativity)Model United Nations, which started on the 30th of August, meeting every Monday after school
  • (Action)Badminton - I was on the Badminton team at my previous school so I hope to make the team in OSC too
  • (Action)Softball - Again, I was on the Softball team at my previous school and I would like to join the team at OSC as well

These are the activities I plan on taking part in this academic year, and I hope to achieve all of them, although it seems to me that it will be a lot of hard work. But taking part in these activities will not only help me develop new skills but also build friendships with my peers, because this is my first year at OSC.

No comments:

Post a Comment