Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ceramics Workshop!
















On Saturday 13th of November, I went to University of Moratuwa to do a ceramics workshop. A co-worker of my father is a ceramics teacher there and he held a workshop for me and some other people who were interested. I really enjoyed the workshop!

What I made that day was a candle holder and a clay flower. To make the candle holder I used a pottery wheel to make the basic shape of it and to make the clay flower, I just used my hands to mould it into shape. The pottery wheel was actually really difficult to use because it required a lot of patience and strength to keep the shape in proportion. The process of making the clay flower also required a lot of patience because the clay kept drying and cracking. But I had a lot of fun making these things and I enjoyed the workshop a lot!

In this workshop I think I showed perseverance because the whole process of it required quite a lot of patience. This was my first time working with ceramics so I learnt some new skills with it as well. The things that I made are not complete yet, since it takes about 3-4 days to dry and then we have to heat it to dry it completely. Then when it is dry we will put colour and varnish it. I am really excited for doing all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment