Sunday, October 17, 2010

Japanese Fair at Galle, Sri Lanka

On Saturday the 16th of October 2010, a Japanese fair was held at the Municipal Council Hall of Galle, in the south of Sri Lanka. It was mainly hosted by 'Hirosha Japanese School' in Galle and had different booths showing Japanese tradition, like Japanese food, Origami (Paper folding), Judo etc. Since this was mainly hosted by the Hirosha Japanese School, I looked around for the most part, but I helped out a little bit in the origami booth and the Japanese alphabet booth.
This is me and my dad with the head of Hirosha Japanese School


This is a T shirt that was designed by the Japanese volunteers. I love how it brings Japanese and Sri Lankan culture together!
This is me with a group of Sri Lankan students who study Japanese as one of their languages. They were really sweet and I could tell they were really devoted to learning Japanese which was great! It made me realize that I should learn Sinhala as well to keep up with them!




















This is me with one of the Sri Lankan students in Hirosha Japanese School in Galle











This is a booth that presented information on the atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945







This booth taught Sri Lankan students how to write Hiragana and Katakana (Japanese alphabets).








This booth showed the Kimono, the Japanese traditional clothing, and the names of the different parts of it.












I helped out in the Origami booth

No comments:

Post a Comment